We bet this hiking trip is going to be something completely different than any you have done until today. WHY? Because this is not an ordinary hiking trip. Get ready for three days hiking in the unique ecosystem of the Slovak Paradise National Park, climbing ladders, walking on catwalks and bridges past waterfalls and lush vegetation in the park’s remarkable gorges. Your nights will be spent in Levoča, a charming Medieval town (listed in UNESCO).
Your trip includes:
• 3 days of adventure hiking in the Slovak Paradise National Park
• 3 nights in a single room in a 3* hotel in medieval town of Levoča
• Professional, English-speaking, local guide
• 3 breakfasts
• Ground transfers
• Entry to a thermal pool
• National Park entry fees
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
We have implemented the following measures to ensure your weekend will be as safe as possible:
- Single room accommodation – every participant is going to stay in a single room with no extra surcharge
- Small group experience – up to 8 participants only + our guide
- Rooms disinfection – the hotel rooms are disinfected after each client
- Face masks – will be provided for all transfers or interiors (hotel)
- Hand sanitizers – will be available to use anytime you need by our guide and in the hotel
• Meeting point: train station in Poprad at 20:00 on Thursday
• Departure: train station in Poprad at 15:00 on Sunday
Poprad is easily reachable by train directly from Bratislava; Vienna or Prague. Write us at [email protected] to give you an advice on how to get to Poprad.
To see recommended train connections from Vienna and Prague, have a look at FAQs.
This hiking tour is an amazing opportunity for fun and adventure in a beautiful destination. This trip doesn’t require a high level of fitness, however you do need a head for heights to be comfortable on the ladders and catwalks in the gorges!!
Learn more about the details in the itinerary or FAQs.
What is included in this tour?
- 3 days of adventure hiking in Slovak Paradise National Park
- 3 nights in a 3* hotel in the town of Levoča in a single room
- Professional, English-speaking, local guide
- 3 breakfasts
- All transfers
- Visit to local thermal pools for 2.5 hrs
- National Park entry fees
- Travel costs to/from Poprad
- Lunches and dinners
- Travel insurance covering hiking activities
We will meet in Poprad at the train station on the first day at 20:00 and will drive you to your hotel in the medieval town of Levoča, which is listed in UNESCO.
We will review the weekend’s plan after your check-in.
Hike Sucha Bela and Prielom Hornadu Gorges
After breakfast you’ll venture into Slovak Paradise for your first taste of the park’s gorges.
The first hike will take you along the bottom of Sucha Bela Gorge, one of the longest and most popular gorges in the park.
You’ll walk through water, climb over fallen trees, ascend ladders, and even pass through a window-like hole in the rock. Along the way you’ll pass waterfalls, rock formations, pools and more.
Emerge from the gorge for lunch at a mountain hut, then continue your hike through Prielom Horndu Gorge.
This hike is famous for its series of ledges and catwalks above the Hornad River.
Return to Levoča in the evening for dinner and a well-earned night of sleep.
700m ascent, 17km distance, 6 – 7 hours of walking
Hike “Fireplace” Gorge
Head back into the park to explore Piecky Gorge. The name means “fireplace” and refers to the amazing rock formations in the canyon.
More ladders await you, including some horizontal ones that take you over green and blue pools of water, and others that climb alongside multi-story waterfalls.
In the afternoon you’ll head to a thermal pool for several hours of relaxation before returning to Levoča for your last night.
500m ascent, 13km distance, 6 hours of walking
Viewpoint hike and departure
After breakfast you’ll pack up and check out of your guesthouse.
Venture into Slovak Paradise National Park one last time for an easier hike to a stunning viewpoint.
You’ll hike through meadows and forests, gently climbing until you arrive at Tomasovsky Vyhlad, a rock shelf with excellent views.
The viewpoint is 200m above the rest of the park. On a clear day you can even see the High Tatras mountains in the distance.
Hike back to the car for your transfer to Poprad. We will be back at the train station at 15:00.
400m ascent, 11km distance, 4 hours of walking
This itinerary and the duration of the activities are subject to change due to group abilities and preferences, weather conditions and forecasts, special events, etc.