Explore the Tatra mountains – Slovakia´s hidden gem with us. Walk the scenic peaks and valleys of Slovakia’s highest mountain range and prized UNESCO Biosphere Reserve. Over three days you will visit and see the most beautiful places of the Tatra mountains.
The High Tatras National Park in northern Slovakia is a hiker’s paradise. With 26 peaks over 2500m, several famous walking trails, more than 100 small alpine lakes, and a host of endemic plants and wildlife, the range is like a smaller, less expensive version of the Alps, but still pretty impressive. Spend a long weekend exploring this remarkable area with our local guide.
Your nights will be spent in a family owned 3* hotel, situated in a beautiful setting of a remote mountainous village.
Your trip includes:
• 3 days of guided hiking in the High Tatras
• 3 nights of accommodation in a 3* hotel in a single room
• All breakfasts and dinners
• Professional, local, English-speaking guide
• Ground transfers
• 1 cable car ticket
You can have a look how an ordinary day in the Tatra Mountains looks like in our video on YOUTUBE.
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
We have implemented the following measures to ensure your weekend will be as safe as possible:
- Single room accommodation – every participant is going to stay in a single room with no extra surcharge
- Small group experience – up to 8 participants only + our guide
- Rooms disinfection – the hotel rooms are disinfected after each client
- Face masks – will be provided for all transfers or interiors (hotel)
- Hand sanitizers – will be available to use anytime you need by our guide and in the hotel
• Meeting point: train station in Poprad at 20:00 on Thursday
• Departure: train station in Poprad at 15:00 on Sunday
Poprad is easily reachable by train directly from Bratislava; Vienna or Prague. Write us at [email protected] to give you an advice on how to get to Poprad.
To see recommended train connections from Vienna and Prague, have a look at FAQs.
This is the perfect getaway if you’re seeking an active weekend getaway in a mountain range every bit as scenic as the Alps—but less expensive and more personal.
Learn more about the details in the itinerary or FAQs.
What is included in this tour?
- 3 days of guided hiking in the High Tatras
- 3 nights of accommodation in a 3* hotel in a single room
- Professional, English-speaking, local guide
- All breakfasts and dinners
- Ground transfers
- 1 cable car ticket
- Travel costs to/from Poprad
- Travel insurance covering hiking activities
We will meet in Poprad at the train station on the first day at 20:00 and will drive you to your hotel to in Stary Smokovec.
We will review the weekend’s plan after your check-in during dinner.
Hike to Lake Green
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel, then catch the cable car from town partway up Lomnicky Peak, the second highest mountain in Slovakia.
From there you’ll hike to the summit of a 2000+m peak, then descend through a rugged valley to Green Lake.
Enjoy lunch at a lakeside hut surrounded by 2500m peaks, then finish your walk through a dwarf pine forest to White Lake.
In the evening your guide can take you to an excellent thermal pool or you can relax in town. Refuel with dinner before heading to bed for a well-deserved night’s sleep.
18km of walking, 535m ascent
Hike the Velicka Valley
After breakfast you’ll hike to the scenic Velicka Valley. Located at the foot of the highest mountain in Slovakia, Gerlachovsky Peak (2655m), the valley boasts incredible scenery.
Hike to a pretty mountain lake and eat lunch with a waterfall view, then explore the famous Tatranska Magistrala trail as it winds through a labyrinth of dwarf pines and spruces.
Descend along a pristine mountain stream, then return to the hotel for your last night in the mountains.
16km of walking, 975m ascent
After breakfast you’ll pack up and head to Strbske Lake, one of the most scenic—and photographed—lakes in Slovakia.
From the lake you’ll enjoy an easy hike and stunning scenery on your way to Popradske Lake.
Return to Strbske Lake and toast to an excellent weekend at a lakeside restaurant. Drive 2 hours to the airport to catch your flight home.
Hike back to the car for your transfer to Poprad. We will be back at the train station at 15:00. Return home with stories and photos to share with your friends.
10km of walking, 350m ascent
This itinerary and the duration of the activities are subject to change due to group abilities and preferences, weather conditions and forecasts, special events, etc.