During this tour you will hike in four different national parks across Slovakia, go on easy hikes to the most beautiful places with no rush and enough time to enjoy the places.
This is a private tour intended for couples or small groups of friends or family. The itinerary may be flexible.
- – hike in 4 different national parks
- – visit the most famous Lake Strbske pleso in the High Tatras
- – take cable car to highest peak of Mala Fatra mountains
- – hike to impressive Tomasovsky Viewpoint in the Slovak Paradise
- – explore less visited yet still beautiful Western Tatras mountains
- – have a coffee in a coffee place with the best views in Slovakia
The hikes that we are going to walk on this trip will be of easy difficulty. Everyday we will walk for approx. 10 km with the total vertical ascent of 400 metres. The longest hike will be 13 km long with 700m of vertical ascent in the Western Tatras mountains. You don´t need any previous experience with hiking, just to be in a good shape to be able to walk the hikes every day.
To learn more about the trip, look at itinerary of the tour, FAQs or contact us directly via email.
The Tatra Mountains is the smallest mountain range with the alpine character in the world. Even though 26 peaks are higher than 2 500 metres (8 200 ft) and it offers almost everything, as for example the well-known Alps, except the glaciers. They melted away thousands of years ago (and that´s why the peaks are so sharp nowadays). 🙂
If you would like to explore Slovakia, don´t hesitate and join us on this trip. We will lead you in the mountains and show you the best places you can visit there. You will walk along the streams, through the dwarf pines, below majestic peaks, you will enjoy lunches on the shore of lakes and hopefully observe some wildlife such as chamoix or marmots.
On one of the days you will visit also the Slovak Paradise National Park to see and explore a different environment. Hiking in this park is all about climbing ladders, walking on catwalks and bridges past waterfalls and lush vegetation in the park’s remarkable gorges.
Popular activity among Slovaks is going to the thermal pool, so we shouldn´t skip this when you´re here. There is a good thermal pool with geothermal water close to the High Tatras. It´s really relaxing after long hikes in the mountains. We can visit the pool after the hike in the evening, so don´t forget to pack the swimwear.
What is included in this tour?
- 2x Accommodation in ensuite twin rooms in Mala Fatra
- 3x Accommodation in ensuite twin rooms in High Tatras
- 5x breakfast
- 1x cable car ticket in Mala Fatra
- Guiding by Slovak certified guide
- Entry fee to national parks
- Transfer from and to Krakow, Vienna or Bratislava
- Transfers within the trip
- Financial protection according to Slovak Law
- Entrance fees to the thermal pool or other possible visits
- Lunches – either at the mountain hut, or prepared by yourself
- Travel insurance covering this kind of activity
- Cost of travel to Krakow, Bratislava, Vienna or other meeting place upon agreement
The itinerary of the tour may be changed due to the weather conditions or group abilities.
ARRIVAL & MEETING
We will meet in Bratislava, Krakow, Vienna or other place upon agreement. We should meet latest at 16:00, but we can agree on meeting time.
Transfer to the Mala Fatra and settling down in the hotel
Mala Fatra day
First hiking in the Mala Fatra National Park. We will take a cable car straight to the highest mountains, walk on the main ridge and stop for lunch and drinks on a local mountain hut. Afterwards we will visit Janosikove diery gorge, which is impressive gorge created just by water. You can´t be afraid of heights because of ladders we need to climb.
16-17:00 Coming back from the hike
- 10,5 km of walking
- 445m ascent, 445m descent
Western Tatras day
8:30-9:30 Transfer to Western Tatras
9:30 We will begin to hike towards famous Lakes Rohacske plesa and will descent back along Rohacsky waterfall. There will be a mountain hut to stop for drink again. Overall this will be the most difficult hike in terms of ascent, but it´s not too steep and big part of the hike will be walked on tarmac road.
16:00 Finish of the hike and trasnsfer to the High Tatras mountains for the next 3 nights
- 13 km of walking
- 720m ascent, 720m descent
High Tatras day
You will visit the famous Lake Strbske pleso. Lake with an amazing panorama of mountains right behind the lake. Afterwards we will set off on a hike with great views to Lake Popradske pleso to enjoy hearthy lunch right at the shore of the lake. After the hike in the afternoon we will also take you to a coffee place with the most beautiful views.
17-18:00 Coming back from the hike
In the evening we may visit local thermal pools to relax and recover after 3 days of hiking
- 12 km of walking
- 350m ascent, 350m descent
Slovak Paradise day
Today you will visit this unusual area, often called “a playground for adults”, where you will be hiking through narrow canyon, walk on catwalks and bridges above a river and come to a magnificient viewpoint – Tomasovsky vyhlad.
17-18:00 Coming back from the hike
- 11km of walking
- 250m ascent, 250m descent
9:00 Departure to Krakow Airport.
11:30-12:00 Coming to Krakow Airport